Thursday, March 19, 2009

More AIG fallout

Sure, the massive bailouts and executive bonuses are outrageous. But one of the lesser commented on problems with the company is they are making it hard for me to proudly wear my Ryan Giggs Manchester United jersey. You know, the one with the giant "AIG" sponsor logo emblazoned right on the front.

I guess it could be worse. I mean it could have been a company that was caught selling war bonds to the Taliban, or having collaborated with the Nazis in WWII. Given the amount of money involved in the sponsorship deal it would probably have to be something like that for an EPL team to try to get out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Really? If I had an AIG shirt, I'd wear it extra these days. If only it had a Philip-Morris logo on the back.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete