Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Specter's not helping his cause....

With answers like this:

NYT Q: With your departure from the Republican Party, there are no more Jewish Republicans in the Senate. Do you care about that?

Arelen Spector: I sure do. There’s still time for the Minnesota courts to do justice and declare Norm Coleman the winner.


Read Jon's post below about why Specter hasn't yet been embraced by all members of the Democratic Party.

And Arlen can't be real happy about the fact that Senate Dems just stripped him of his seniority on Senate Committees.

And he's now backing away from his support for Norm Coleman (I'm getting dizzy here). In Congressional Quarterly today:

But questioned outside the Senate chamber Tuesday, Specter said the comment was a mistake.

“In the swirl of moving from one caucus to another, I have to get used to my new teammates,” he said. “I’m ordinarily pretty correct in what I say. I’ve made a career of being precise. I conclusively misspoke.”

Asked who he’s backing now in elections, Specter said, “I’m looking for more Democratic members. Nothing personal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment